Kurilian bobtail is aboriginal breed, which was discovered in the late 20 th century. They came from Kuril ridge. It is believed that the Kurilian bobtail was born in the natural way.Kurilian bobtail are independent, but at the same time loving. This breed is very friendly, courageous, curios, reliable and very active. These cats are intelligent, which makes them ideal companions. There are good hunters.Many believe that this breed has a dog’s soul. Often this breed chooses one or two owners and is loyal to them.
- Kurilian bobtail is naturally muscular and semi-Cobby body with specific short, fluffy tail.
- Head: the head is large, in shape of a trapezium, with gently rounded contours. The profile is slightly curved. The cheek bones are broad, the muzzle is medium in length and rather broad, with gentle contours. The chin is well developed;
- Eyes: large and oval;
- Tail: ranging from 5-13 cm. The tail consists of 2-10 vertebrae. There are a variety of tails shapes – spiral, broom, move away (straight and them spiral). The tail is unique – as a human fingerprint, never repeats the two same; is
- Paws: strong, muscular, paws are rounded. Back legs are longer than the front;
- Nose: wide, medium size, straight;
- Ears: the ears are medium sized, broad and open at the base, relatively high set and tilted slightly forward.
The distance between the ears is about one ear width. The ear tips are rounded;
- Fur: short-haired our semi – long-haired. Sleek and easy to care for. A frill and a front bib, breeches, ear furnishing and ear tufts (lynx tufts) are desirable;
- Colouring: the colours chocolate and cinnamon, as well as their dilution (lilac and fawn) are not recognized in any
combinations (bicolour, tricolour, tabby;